Opening times: April to 15 October: daily 9 am-6 pm
(Entrance from the cour d'honneur into the second northern pavilion)
The Palace Chapel, in the second north pavilion, was begun in 1702 under Elector Max Emanuel by Antonio Viscardi from a design by Henrico Zuccalli. Building was interrupted by political events and not resumed until 1715 (under the direction of Joseph Effner).
Incorporated in the grand decoration of the baroque high altar is an older group of figures – Christ and Mary Magdalene. The austere classical lines of the church are mitigated by the curving vault and the colourful frescos with scenes from the life of Mary Magdalene (Joseph Mölck, 1759).
| top |