The North Gallery was used for ceremonial entry into Max Emanuel’s apartment in the (now inaccessible) north pavilion. While in the North Salettl the elector presented himself in his role as a military commander, the North Gallery was designed to glorify him as a builder of palaces, which were of equal importance for the state.
In the gallery, the visitors who used to wait here for an audience could study Max Emanuel’s numerous building projects in Nymphenburg and elsewhere which were depicted on the large paintings. These informative veduttas, painted by Franz Joachim Beich in 1722/23, give an idea of what the various palace and garden complexes originally looked like.
| top |